I will only collect and use your Personal Data for the purpose of marketing my books and products to you.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I, Norma Darcy, am the “data controller”. If you have any questions about how I use your Personal Data, please contact me at email@example.com.
This policy is effective as of 11 May 2018.
1. Personal Data I collect via my website (myhistoricalromance.com)
I collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with my website or through advertising on social media via signup forms.
I automatically collect certain information when you visit my website via Google Analytics – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. I do not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data when the law allows me to. I use your Personal Data to:
– send you marketing and deliver communications that may be of interest to you;
– improve our services and Website through analysis of information. (Google Analytics)
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
Your data will not be shared with any third parties.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
I have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data I collect. I maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
I will retain your Personal Data for as long as you wish to remain on my marketing list. You can apply to me to have your data removed at any time.
This Website and my products are aimed at adults, and I do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide me with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email [firstname.lastname@example.org]:
– see what Personal Data I hold about you (if any), including why I am holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
– ask me to change/correct your Personal Data;
– ask me to delete your Personal Data;
– object to the processing of your Personal Data;
– ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
– withdraw any consents you have given me to the processing of your Personal Data; and
8. Change of purpose
I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me.
If I need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and I will explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
9. Contact Us
Email for Privacy Questions: email@example.com